Sunday, June 28, 2009

RSS feeds, part 3 (finally) & Del.icio.us

I have just learned how to add an RSS feed to this blog - see the ABC news stories on the left.
And I finally understand about adding websites to my Del.icio.us account and accessing them. I misunderstood them entirely (what a surprise!) and thought that they would be something like Links or Favourites, accessed easily everytime I logged on, or perhaps like the good old ListServ where you automatically get updates as emails. Now I can see how you can take them with you - it's like a web-based email account where you can log on anywhere. The thing that I mistook on the Powerhouse Museum website wasn't an RSS feed, which added to my confusion.
I'm dragging myself kicking & screaming into the 21st century. :) Time to go and check what is happening with the other RSS feeds that I subscribed to. Hope you all enjoy the ABC newsfeeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment