Sunday, June 14, 2009

The joys of subscribing to RSS feeds

I'm beginning to wish that I was still on holidays! I'm trying really hard to get my head around RSS feeds. To start with I tried making a Bloglines account, using my work email address and was told that my address was in use. Have I secretly been subscribing to things in my sleep??

Anyway, I used one of my many other accounts and set up an account and have (hopefully) subscribed to 6 news feeds, including Mary's OPAL training, John Oxley Library blog, BBC News, Bloglines news and New York Times book reviews. I have also subscribed to an interesting site about urban legends because they fascinate me.

Time will tell how useful I find them - must sign off now because I am needed elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. I fall for those Urban Legends, every time! Did you see the one about the enormous dog? it was a fake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am into food legends - ask me anything about a food group and I will tell you a horror story about it.

    ReplyDelete